Happy Wednesday! This week I wanted to share one of my favorite recipes to throw together for the kids as an after school snack or as an appetizer to take to a party! I’m going to be completely honest with y’all! When I started making these I only made them for the kids in my life. Then one Super Bowl Sunday I completely forgot that I needed to bring a side dish to a party later that day. Not wanting to run to the grocery store I looked at the ingredients I had in my fridge and decided to make pizza rolls. I whipped these up and told everyone at the party I had brought a snack for the kids. I love cooking and homemaking and I was a little embarrassed that I didn’t have something a little more sophisticated for the adults! As the party went on I discovered ALL the adults were asking for the recipe because they loved them so much! They were a huge hit with both the adults and kids and now we make them all the time in our house! Hope you love them as much as we do!
Crescent Pizza Rolls:
- 3 (8oz) cans of regular or reduced fat crescent rolls (I always use reduced fat but either taste great)
- 2 bags of turkey or beef pepperoni (Hormel is my favorite brand to use)
- 12 pack of string cheese cut in halves
- 2 jars of Ragu Pizza Sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Open crescent rolls and separate onto a baking dish or sheet
- Slice whole string cheese in half
- Place a few pepperoni slices and 1 half piece of cheese in crescent rolls. You can also leave out the pepperoni to make a cheese crescent roll for vegetarians!
- Roll crescent rolls and place in baking sheet
- Continue with all 24 rolls
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown and cheese has melted.
- Pour pizza sauce into a bowl and use as a dipping sauce. Sauce can be warmed for 30 seconds if preferred.
This recipe will make 24 rolls. Let me know if you try it out! Hope you all like it as much as we do! Have a great day!