By now you all know how much I love skincare and my obsession doesn’t seem to be slowing down any time soon! If I had to choose one skincare product that I swear by it’s without a doubt Vitamin C! Vitamin C is the BFF when it comes to my skincare regimen because there is literally nothing that Vitamin C can’t do.
If you haven’t used Vitamin C before I am here to tell you that you are missing out! Vitamin C is the sole reason I am able to leave my house confidently without makeup on. The good news, no matter your age (or gender) it’s never too late to start reaping the benefits of Vitamin C. Skincare can be confusing so today I’m breaking down the benefits, best tips for using, and my favorite Vitamin C products for every budget!
- Brightens skin
- Evens out skin tone
- Diminishes appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Hydrates skin
- Reduces redness
- Helps fade dark spots
- Reduces appearance of under eye circles
- Promotes collagen production aka the thing that keeps you looking young
- Accelerates cell turnover- again helping you stay looking young!
- Helps prevent sagging skin
- Shields skin from environmental stressors
- Protects against sun damage
- Has healing properties and diminishes scars
VITAMIN C TIPS:
- Always use Vitamin C in the morning since it helps protect against sun damage
- Although Vitamin C helps with sun protection it should NOT replace your SPF
- Make sure your Vitamin C products come in a dark air tight bottle or pump container. Vitamin C is extremely sensitive to air and light and will lose it’s benefits if exposed to air and light over time. Try and steer clear of Vitamin C that comes in a jar.
- Stash your Vitamin C somewhere cool, dry, and dark
- There are multiple forms of Vitamin C, generally a L-absorbic acid form is the most effective
- Look for Vitamin C serums with a concentration between 10% and 20%. Anything lower than 10% might not be as effective and anything higher can irritate your skin without bringing any additional value
- Make sure to use skincare products in the correct order (cleanser, toner, serums, eye cream, moisturizer). Otherwise your products won’t properly absorb and you’ll be wasting your money!
- Only use the recommended amount! A little goes a long way and the skin is only able to absorb so much of your Vitamin C product so if you use too much you’re just wasting your product.
FAVORITE VITAMIN C PRODUCTS FOR EVERY BUDGET:
The products below are my Vitamin C favorites and products that have worked for me personally. I broke them down into price range and added serums, eye creams, moisturizers, and a cleanser!
- Seoul Ceuticals Day Glow Serum – This serum is allegedly a dupe for the $166 Skinceuticals!
- L’Oreal Paris Revitalift Derm Intensive Vitamin C Serum
- RoC Multi Correxion Revive + Glow Daily Serum + Vitamin C
- Olay Tone Perfection Serum B3+ Vitamin C
- No7 Radiance + Roll & Glow Eye Cream
- RoC Multi Correxion Revive + Glow Gel Cream + Vitamin C Moisturizer
- Ole Henriksen Truth Juice Daily Cleanser
- Philosophy Turbo Booster C Powder
- Tula Brightening Treatment Drops Triple Vitamin C Serum
- Ole Henriksen Banana Bright Eye Cream
- Kiehl’s Powerful Strength Dark Circle Reducing Vitamin C Eye Serum
- Ole Henriksen C-Rush Vitamin C Gel Moisturizer
- Murad Vitamin C Glycolic Brightening Serum
- Ole Henriksen Banana Bright Vitamin C Serum
- Drunk Elephant C-Firma Day Serum
- Murad Vitamin C Dark Circle Correcting Eye Serum
- Drunk Elephant C-Tango Multivitamin Eye Cream
- Strivectin Super-C SPF 30 Vitamin C Moisturizer
- Perricone MD Vitamin C Ester Photo-Brightening Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30
Remember our biggest skincare mistake is not being patient! Give your Vitamin C product a good two months before you decide if it works for you or not. Everyone’s skin is different so what works great for one person may not for the next. It’s all about finding what works for you and sticking to it! Hope this helps y’all! Can’t wait to see your bright glowing skin!