“I have cellulite, just like almost every other woman on the planet!” – Kim Kardashian. Same girl, same! Let’s talk about cellulite for a moment! Full disclosure, cellulite is a pain in my butt! Literally! 😆 We all have it (93 percent of women) and yet most of us still feel ashamed about it. It’s taken me quite a few years to realize that cellulite is not the end of the world and the shape, size, and look of our body has absolutely NOTHING to do with our worth. Having said that, let’s be real for a second! We all want to look and feel our best and if working on our cellulite helps y’all feel more confident, I want to help! Just like there’s no shame in having cellulite, there’s no shame in wanting to get rid of it!
When I started writing this blog post I was only going to write about different cellulite products I tested and then review them for you. After testing a few popular products I realized that if we’re really serious about diminishing our cellulite it takes quite a bit more than a few products to do the trick. So instead let’s talk about all things cellulite! Let’s talk about the best products on the market, best exercises to reduce the appearance of those dimples, and the healthiest foods to prevent even more cellulite! At the end of the day if you really want to beat cellulite it needs to start from the inside out with a healthy well balanced diet and workout routine. Plus it never hurts to eat healthier and get a little exercise!
First, what is cellulite? Cellulite is the dimpled looking skin that occurs when fatty tissue deep within the skin pushes up against connective tissue. This occurs more in women than men and has nothing to do with your size or weight. In fact all women of all shapes and sizes can have cellulite! Cellulite does not affect your health one way or the other! It is important to note that while you can completely get rid of cellulite on your body once and for all, it takes a lifetime dedicated to eating healthier and working out in addition to any products you may use. That’s not always feasible with our busy lifestyles but I think it’s VERY important to be clear and realistic about the possible results so that you aren’t let down if you don’t immediately see huge drastic changes in your cellulite! Luckily, with these tips you can still see a drastic reduction in your cellulite even if you can’t completely rid of it! 🙌🏼
BEST CELLULITE PRODUCTS:
First, let’s talk about the products I tested out and how well they did or didn’t work! I used each of these products on different areas of my body for eight weeks. I used one product on the front of my right leg, one on the back of my right leg, one on the front of my left leg, and one on the back of my left leg and then compared the results at the end of eight weeks.
- CSM Body Brush: The CSM Body Brush is a round handheld brush that you sweep over dry or wet skin. I used this for 5 minutes a day on dry skin. It does appear to break the cellulite down slightly over time but it makes my skin temporarily itch!! However, the itch does not last more than a few seconds. Make sure if you do use this to brush in circular motions.
- Fascia Blasting Muscle Roller: The Fascia Blasting Muscle Roller is a thin roller with three balls attached. The purpose is to roll these balls over your skin which help break down fat cells and increase circulation. This roller doesn’t hurt but it does feel a tad bit uncomfortable while using to roll out the cellulite. It does leave tiny bruises all over your legs so do not be alarmed if this happens to you, it’s perfectly normal. The goal is to use this roller over areas that have cellulite and to roll hard enough to break down the fat but not too hard that it hurts. It’s best to use this roller every few days. You can also use it gently on the back for a relaxing massage! I used this muscle roller for five minutes a day and definitely saw an improvement in my cellulite!!
- Fat Burning Machine: The Fat Burning Machine is a small hand held machine that you massage over your skin. The red light function is supposed to enhance collagen production and skin elasticity. This machine did seem to slightly improve the look of my cellulite but it drove me crazy how time consuming it was! In order for this machine to work you have to spend 8-10 minutes per day on each troubled spot! I used this machine for 8 minutes a day with regular lotion. It is best to use with a firming or tightening lotion but I chose to use a regular lotion for this experiment so that my results would not be affected and I’d have a clear gauge on how well the machine alone worked.
- Clarins Anti-Cellulite Cream: The Clarins Anti-Cellulite Cream is a lotion that tightens the skin helping reduce the appearance of cellulite. I’ve been a fan of this product for years now and decided to compare the results with other cellulite products on the market. This product does take a good month to start seeing permanent results but you will definitely feel your skin tighten for immediate and temporary results right away. During the summer I use both this Clarins Anti-Cellulite Cream AND Clarins Firming Cream for best results! For even better results use year round!
After using all four products for two months I have come to the conclusion that all the of these products do work even if it’s just slightly. However, I have also come to the conclusion that there is no quick cure for cellulite and any one that tries to tell you otherwise is just trying to sell you something to make money. I linked all four products for you above but in my opinion the three that work the best and that I will personally continue to use are the Fascia Blasting Muscle Roller, the Dry Brush, and the Clarins Anti-Cellulite Cream. The good news is the Muscle Roller is only $16 and is the product that you will see results with the quickest. If you keep up with using this product you will definitely see your cellulite start to breakdown. The dry brush is a great way to slowly break down the cellulite without spending tons of time on each area or dealing with tiny bruises like the Muscle Roller leaves. Although the Clarins Anti-Cellulite Cream is a little pricier than the muscle roller and dry brush I will ALWAYS use this product because it gives me instant and long term results. Just remember it takes months to see those long term results! The fat burning machine in my opinion is overpriced, too time consuming, and showed the least amount of improvement in my cellulite.
BEST FOODS TO FIGHT CELLULITE:
Below is a list of the best foods to fight cellulite and how they help in keeping cellulite at bay. If there is one thing I am confident helps with cellulite it’s the food that we put in our bodies. It’s always best to take care of your health from the inside and out and it’s no different when it comes to fighting cellulite.
- Asparagus: Has anti-inflammatory properties, reduces bloating, and flushes out toxins that can lead to cellulite
- Avocados: Helps flush out cellulite forming toxins
- Bananas: Helps boost blood flow which can help prevent cellulite
- Bell peppers: Has tons of Vitamin C which is great for busting cellulite, boosts collagen production
- Berries: Antioxidant that helps the body get rid of toxins
- Broccoli: Contains alpha lipoic acid which prevents collagen in the body from hardening, which causes cellulite
- Cayenne Pepper: Improves blood circulation and boosts metabolism helping to burn calories
- Cilantro: Detoxifies the body helping prevent cellulite
- Dark Chocolate: Filled with antioxidants that help firm skin, just keep intake to one ounce per day
- Flaxseed: Helps correct hormone imbalances that contribute to cellulite
- Ginger: Helps break down fat
- Matcha tea: Has antioxidants that help reduce the breakdown of collagen (the thing that keeps our skin supple)
- Oranges, lemons, and grapefruits: Assists in the removal of toxins which can lead to cellulite and improves blood circulation
- Parsley: Flushes out kidneys and gets rid of water retention
- Salmon: Contains fatty acids which help your body metabolise fat, including cellulite
- Spinach: Aids in the production of collagen which helps plump skin reducing the appearance of cellulite
- Watermelon: Improves blood circulation which helps smooth out cellulite over time
- Whole grains: High in antioxidants and helps remove toxins that cause cellulite
BEST EXERCISES TO GET RID OF CELLULITE:
Here are my absolute favorite exercises to build muscle and reduce cellulite! I added a cellulite blasting workout for your convenience as well!
- Bulgarian Squat
- Curtsey Lunge
- Donkey Kicks
- Fire hydrants
- Glute Bridge
- Goblet Squats
- Lateral Lunge
- Single Leg Deadlifts
- Squat Jump
Cellulite Blasting Workout:
Run up and down stairs for 10 minutes before beginning the workout. No stairs? No problem! Jog or jump rope instead!
Complete 3 sets x 12 reps (each leg). Complete each of the eight exercises with no rest. Rest 1 minute between each set.
- Goblet Plie Squat
- Curtsy Lunges
- Single Leg Deadlift
- Glute Bridge
- Donkey Kicks
- Fire Hydrants
- Clamshell Trio: Raised clamshell, knee and toes (tap knee to knee and toe to toe while laying in the clamshell position), corkscrew (30 seconds each exercise, each leg)
BEST CELLULITE TIPS:
- Massage: While massage won’t cure cellulite it will definitely help reduce cellulite! Massage helps drain excess fluid, redistribute and break down fat cells, and improve circulation.
- Drink more water: We all know that drinking water in general has so many health benefits! Drinking water and staying hydrated definitely helps reduce cellulite by removing toxins and encouraging circulation in the body.
- Weight loss: Any one at any weight can have cellulite but losing extra body fat may help reduce the appearance of cellulite.
- Bioactive collagen peptides: I have never tried this but studies show that taking this supplement for a few months can start to reduce the appearance of cellulite.
- Tan: If you can’t tone it, tan it! Haha! Although tanning does absolutely nothing to help remove cellulite having tan skin will definitely hide the appearance of cellulite. In the summer I make sure I am always tan to hide those pesky dimples! I’m not a fan of tanning beds since they can cause skin damage and possibly lead to skin cancer over time but here is my favorite goof proof tanner that gives the most beautiful and natural glow!
The bad news is there is no quick fix or miracle product to remove cellulite instantly! However, the great news is that you can majorly reduce or get rid of your cellulite once and for all through a healthy diet, exercise, and a few inexpensive products to help speed up the process! I hope these tips help you feel more confident and healthy! As with anything in life remember that it will take time to see results so make sure to stick with it! Hope you all have a great day!